My name is Lacy, and I am a graduate of the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University. One of my professors, Dan Gillmor, said that we shouldn’t just be passive consumers of media, but that we should be active creators of it as well. My hope for Traditional Millennial is to educate, advocate, inspire and learn. But I have a few rules…
I’m not an expert, and I don’t intentionally try to be. I know what I know, and I believe what I believe. If I am wrong, please kindly inform me. This is a civil space with mature discussion. Disrespectful/hateful comments will be removed.
Although I am a millennial that can be described by increased use of communication, technology and media, I still value tradition. I embrace all of those things, but I also believe that first dates should not be initiated through text message. I believe in Christianity, responsible gun ownership, faithful marriages, respecting elders, and earning your keep.
As journalists, we are taught to remain objective and unbiased. The advantage of creating my own space on the web is that I don’t have to adhere to those rules in this space. Therefore, there are a few more things you should know about me:
- Board member of the Arroyo Grande Sportsman’s Club;
- Board member of the Santa Maria Valley Pioneer’s Association;
- Co-President of California Women for Agriculture, Santa Maria Chapter;
- Member of American Agri-Women;
- Member of the National Rifle Association;
- Member of USA Archery;
- Member of California Bowmen Hunters State Archery Association;
- Member of National Field Archery Association;
- Member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation;
- Member of COLAB, Santa Barbara County (The Coalition of Labor, Agriculture and Business)
*The beliefs, views, and opinions expressed here are solely my own and do not reflect the organizations of which I am involved.